Author Notes: This is the easiest tastiest marinade and sauce for absolutely any protein... It has been fabulous on a whole grilled salmon and also on lamb or steak, not to mention chicken. Grilled vegetables would work perfectly as well! A great addition to any table. - sbweaver
Serves 4 or 5
- 1 Ginger, One large knob
- tablespoons Garlic, Can use as much as you like, but make sure ginger is at least three times amount of garlic
- Can use vegetable oil, I prefer olive oil. Make sure it is not a strong one.
- A very large pour, maybe half a bottle of light soy to taste
- 1 Juice of one full lime
- 1/4 Lemon Zest
- Grate a large knob of ginger into a bowl.
- Follow with garlic (one or two cloves).
- Juice one lime and zest a bit of a lemon into another bowl.
- Add soy sauce until taste is salty but still tangy.
- Fry ginger and garlic on a medium saucepan with a small amount of oil until about to turn brown.
- Add soy sauce and lime mixture.
- Reduce for around 3 minutes on a high heat. Add about a half a cup of oil.
- Add chilli flakes to taste. Season to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy