Author Notes: This dressing is surprisingly deep, rich and flavorful. It is great on anything from asparagus, green beans and roasted brussels sprouts to fried cheese or grilled chicken. It takes minutes to prepare and the ingredients are often on hand. When I don't have oranges for zest, I will use lemon or lime which add such great brightness to this sauce. - savorthis
Makes 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 orange, zested, juiced
- Melt butter over medium heat until just beginning to brown. If you have any doubts, remove from heat once it starts to smell nutty.
- Whisk soy, balsamic, 1 t zest and 2 t juice into butter. Serve right away. Dressing can be saved and heated gently later.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy