If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe in my mom’s recipe box after she died, but I can’t ever remember her making it. Turns out, it’s a delicious bread and it’s perfect with your morning coffee. Unfortunately, I'll never know where the recipe came from, and I’ll never know how she feels about my replacing the AP flour with white whole wheat, the vegetable shortening with butter and the sour cream with yogurt. - Bob Vivant
Makes 1 large loaf or 4 small loaves
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or forzen
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat the inside of 1 large loaf pan (9 by 5-inch) or 4 mini loaf pans (5-3/4 by 3-1/4-inch) with cooking spray. Evenly sprinkle a 1/2 cup of pecans over the bottom of the pan(s).
- Gently toss together the blueberries with 1/4 cup flour.
- Combine the remaining flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together melted butter, yogurt, milk, and eggs. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Don’t over mix. Add the remaining pecans and blueberries. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (Adjust the baking time if you are using smaller loaf pans.)
- Let pan cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove warm bread from the pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce