If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple tasty dish is quick and easy to make. The flavors are pure, clean and light. Just a few simple ingredients and in fifteen minutes you have a complete meal for a weeknight dinner. Great served with jasmine rice and some sauteed chinese cabbage or bok choi. - Marcia Chang-Hong
- 1 x 1 pounds whole snapper, gutted and scaled. Any white flakey fish will do
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or sunflower oil
- fresh white pepper
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- Set up a wok or a pot wide enough to use as a steamer. You'll need a trivet or a rack to put the fish dish onto to, something to keep the dish off the bottom of the pot and the water. Put some water into the pot, cover with a lid and bring to a boil over a high heat. If you are serving rice with this, now is a good time to start cooking that as well.
- Make two diagonal slits onto both sides of the fish. Place the fish into a shallow heatproof dish that will fit into the steamer. Pour the soy sauce, oil, and ginger over the fish, rubbing it onto both sides and into the belly. Sprinkle the white pepper over the fish.
- Put the dish into the steamer that's already come to a boil. Cover and turn the heat down to medium. You want a medium rolling simmer of steam as opposed to a furious boil. Steam for 10 - 12 minutes. Resist lifting the lid before the first 10 minutes. The flesh should be white and easily come away from the bone. You don't want to overcook the fish though. After the 10 minute time, sprinkle the spring onions over the fish, cover and steam another minute just to soften the spring onions.
- Whilst the fish is cooking is a good time to quickly saute the chinese cabbage, it will only take a couple of minutes. Your rice will be done cooking by this time as well. Remove the fish from the steamer and serve immediately.
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.