If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fudge Lovers and Sweet Lovers can't get enough of this! I have been creating sweet concoctions to sell at farmers' markets for 5 years and all my peeps, young and old alike, consider this a keeper. Funny thing is that when I started my hobby/ business I proclaimed that I was never going to make anything with peanut butter- it was just too common and I wanted my creations to be unique, to stand out and be more "gourmet". What can I say? Some things just never go out of style- not fussy, not trendy, just old fashioned yummy. That's why these are my most popular snack/dessert item to this day! According to most information sources on "gluten-free", these fit the bill and can be considered gluten free for those enthusiasts. These are smooth, delectable and very peanut buttery- sure to satisfy all sweet lovers! —Fudgelady
Makes 30 squares
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla or butterscotch flavour
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 cups chunky peanut butter
- Over medium heat, melt butter in large pot ( 4-5 litres), add milk then add white and brown sugars.
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon and stir over medium heat until all sugar is melted. Keep stirring until mixture begins to boil.
- Continue stirring, watching that mixture does not boil “over” – do this for 9- 12 minutes until the mixture falls off the wooden spoon in “globs”.
- Remove from heat, add flavouring and set aside.
- Let the pot rest for 30 minutes.
- Using hand beaters, mix in the confectioner’s sugar to thicken, then add the peanut butter and mix by hand with wooden spoon.
- Before mixture gets too thick, pour into the 9X 13 pan and spread evenly.
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Put the chocolate chips in a small pot on the stovetop, add the shortening and melt this mixture over low heat.
- Pour over the peanut butter mixture in the pan and let cool completely.
- Place in refrigerator, covered.
- Once cold, cut into about 30 good sizes squares.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.