If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My son and his then-girlfriend-now-his-wife introduced me to tempeh. They had told me how they fixed it with barbecue sauce and I came up with this recipe using a spicy barbecue sauce that I used for some spicy Asian chicken wings. You'll have sauce left over, but the sauce is great with tofu, chicken, beef, vegetables, rice, noodles.... Tempeh has more texture than tofu and I like to cook this until the sauce caramellizes. - weshook
Serves 2-4 depending on how hungry the eaters are
Spicy Asian Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup garlic-chili sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, rice wine or white
- 2 tablespoons mirin
Spicy barbecue tofu and tempeh
- 1 package tempeh. diced, 3/4"
- 12 ounces block extra firm tofu, diced, 3/4"
- 1/2 cup spicy Asian barbecue sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoon oil
- For the sauce. Mix all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- For the Spicy Barbecue Tofu and Tempeh Put the tofu, tempeh and sauce in a small sauce pan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the sauce is absorbed.
- Add oil and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until the pieces are nicely browned.