If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This uses Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams base, and was inspired by that fabulous book. I "discovered" chai latte at my local convenience store recently, and have wondered where it had been all my life! Soon enough, my new obsession made it into my ice cream. I had seen a few of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams used tea, so I used her "Scarlet and Earl Grey Ice Cream" recipe as a model. Iced Chai Latte in ice cream form. . .mmmmmm! - Hunt
Makes about 1 quart
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 & 1/3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 & 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 & 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chai tea
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the milk with the cornstarch in a small bowl to make a smooth slurry.
- Whisk the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Combine the remaining milk, cream, sugar, and corn syrup in a 4-quart saucepan, bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat, and boil for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the chai tea, and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the milk mixture through a fine sieve, lined with cheesecloth, and squeeze out as much of the cream as possible. Return to the saucepan and gradually whisk in the cornstarch slurry.
- Bring back to a boil over meduim-high heat and cook, stirring and scraping with a heatproof spatula, until slighly thickened--about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Gradually whisk the hot milk mixture into the cream cheese until smooth.
- Cool the ice cream base in the refridgerator for a minimum of 4 hours. (More time is better! Even as long as 24 hours!) Pour into your ice cream maker and follow it's directions for freezing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls