If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Bushwhacker is a delicious cocktail from Pensacola Beach, Florida. The combination of Kahlua, coconut, rum, and chocolate is sublime and served as the inspiration for these truffles, my signature recipe. Every holiday season I make an assortment of truffles as gifts and these are always included and are by far my most popular variety. Make sure to carefully weigh the ingredients and keep an eye on the temperature of the chocolate! I learned the basic techniques and formulas for making chocolate candies from Chocolates & Confections by Peter Greweling, but this formula is my own. —Chris Van Houten
Makes about 36 truffles
- 50 grams cream
- 28 grams coconut milk
- 15 grams light corn syrup
- 8 grams Kahlua
- 4 grams rum
- 6 grams butter, softened
- 182 grams dark chocolate, finely chopped
- at least 1 pounds white chocolate, for dipping
- 2 cups shredded coconut, toasted and cooled (optional)
- Bring cream, coconut milk, and corn syrup just to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Pour hot cream mixture over chopped dark chocolate. Let stand 1 minute to melt chocolate.
- Gently stir cream and chocolate, beginning in the center and creating bigger circles until all of the chocolate and cream is emulsified and all chocolate is melted.
- Add butter; gently stir until incorporated. Add Kahlua and rum; gently stir until incorporated.
- Transfer ganache to a large Ziploc bag. Lay flat on side to spread ganache. Let sit at room temperature until firmed but still workable, about the consistency of peanut butter, approximately one hour.
- Massage ganache gently and very briefly in bag, working over bag 2-3 times. Snip one corner of the bag with scissors and pipe out ganache in 1" drops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Let rest about 30 minutes.
- Temper white chocolate. Make sure dipping chocolate remains in temper, warming or letting cool as necessary. Spread toasted, shredded coconut over plate.
- Roll drops of ganache into spheres and dip in tempered white chocolate to coat. Roll coated truffles in toasted coconut. Place finished truffles on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Let rest at room temperature until set, about 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.