If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Use Jeni's ice cream base to make a frozen version of Thai Iced Tea! - EGBush
Makes 1 quart
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 1 inch cinammon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1/4 cup assam tea leaves
- 12 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the milk with the cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Whisk the cream cheese and salt in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Combine the remaining whole milk, the cream, sugar, corn syrup, spices, and tea in a 4-quart saucepan, bring the mixture to a rolling boil over medium high heat, and boil for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the mixture steep for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, squeezing as much of the liquid from the tea leaves as possible. Return the mixture to the pan, heat to a simmer, and gradually whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat, and cook until the mixture becomes slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Gradually whisk the hot mixture into the cream cheese until smooth.
- Chill the mixture until cold.
- Pour the ice cream into an ice cream maker and churn until thick.
- Using 2 one-pint containers, pack each container 1/3 full of the ice cream and then spoon 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk on top of the layer. Repeat this twice for each container until each is full. Cover with an airtight lid. Freeze until firm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.