If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With juicy fresh peaches, cream and a hint of Maker's Mark this is a great summer treat. —Sagegreen
Makes @ 1 pint
- 1 pint ripe fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- small pinch of Vietnamese cinnamon and fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Maker's Mark (or Tahitian vanilla for a sub))
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Peel the peaches and cut into thin slices. Place the fleshy slices with all their juices in a blender. Add the sugar. Add spices and Maker's Mark. If you want softer gelato, you could add a bit more whiskey Puree in a blender and keep it in there.
- Next whip the cream until it is a thick as buttermilk. Then add that to the puree in the blender. Give the mixture a quick whirl to blend everything smoothly. Chill thoroughly at least 8 hours or best overnight. Process in an ice cream maker following the particular instructions.
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.