Author Notes: With juicy fresh peaches, cream and a hint of Maker's Mark this is a great summer treat. - Sagegreen
Makes @ 1 pint
- 1 pint ripe fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- small pinch of Vietnamese cinnamon and fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Maker's Mark (or Tahitian vanilla for a sub))
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Peel the peaches and cut into thin slices. Place the fleshy slices with all their juices in a blender. Add the sugar. Add spices and Maker's Mark. If you want softer gelato, you could add a bit more whiskey Puree in a blender and keep it in there.
- Next whip the cream until it is a thick as buttermilk. Then add that to the puree in the blender. Give the mixture a quick whirl to blend everything smoothly. Chill thoroughly at least 8 hours or best overnight. Process in an ice cream maker following the particular instructions.