Author Notes: Adapted from David Lebowitz's Apricot Sorbet from The Perfect Scoop.
Apricot, rosemary, and tahini combination inspired by spabettie's apricot, rosemary, tahini, bites [http://spabettie.com/2011/10/12/rosemary-apricot-tahini-bites/]
Makes 1 pint
- 1 pound fresh apricots, pitted and halved
- 1 cup dried apricots, preferably without sulphur dioxide or sweeteners
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 sprig rosemary, depending on taste
- 3-4 tablespoons tahini, depending on taste
- Put fresh apricots, dried apricots, water, and sprigs of rosemary into a pot. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Mash occasionally to break up the apricots.
- When the mixture has thickened and the water has evaporated, remove from heat. Remove rosemary sprigs. (At this point, you can taste your mixture and decide if you' would like to add more sweetener, such as honey, as this version can be quite tart.)
- Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. Freeze in a ice cream maker or bowl.
- If you like ribbons of tahini, drizzle tahini over the unfrozen sorbet, folding the sorbet over the drizzle. Otherwise, drizzle tahini over scooped sorbet.