Author Notes: Ready to make your first chia pudding? This easy, portable, and nutritious breakfast gets an unconventional treatment with fresh blueberries and cardamom spice. If you've never imagined these ingredients together, I promise you'll be sweetly surprised! - Gena Hamshaw
- 1/2 cup Chia seeds
- 2 1/2 cups Almond milk (or rice, soy, or light coconut milk)
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground cardamom spice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon Good vanilla extract
- Blend milk, blueberries, cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla and syrup together in a blender on high till smooth.
- Pour blueberry mixture over chia seeds and stir thoroughly with a whisk or a fork. Let rest for five minutes, and stir again. Ten minutes later, stir again. Refrigerate and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, give it a stir and check texture. If it’s too thick, simply add more almond milk; the texture should be similar to that of tapioca pudding (just imagine tiny tapioca pearls!). Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!