If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just before getting ready for bed yesterday, My son makes this firm statement.. 'Mommy, I changed my mind, I want Potato patties instead of a jelly sandwich for lunch, and yes, can you make them sausage shaped?'
Now food blogger mom that I'm, I simply can't say no to that, could I? And home made stuff is any day preferable to commercial preservative infused white bread and sugary Jelly! So out came the pressure cooker ( a quick way to boil potatoes) and soon enough I had a dozen of these delicious sticks, ready to be stored for School lunch use. My son likes these in between dinner rolls smothered in Ketchup, but these make delicious appetizers for a grown up soiree as well! —Panfusine
- 3 medium-large idaho potatoes
- 1 stale dinner roll or 2 equally stale slices of bread
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala (adjust to your preference)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Chopped cilantro (or dill)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed Lime juice
- Oil for pan frying
- Boil the potatoes, cool, peel and mash into a bowl. Soak the dinner roll in water, squeeze thoroughly, crush and add to the potatoes. Add the Garam masala, salt, cilantro and lime / lemon juice. Mash well into a crumbly 'doughey' consistency. divide into 12 and shape each portion into a cylindrical shape. Flatten to further shape into a rectangular stick (this helps the sticks brown evenly on all 4 sides).
- Heat oil in a cast iron or non stick skillet and place 4 of the sticks at a time, cook evenly on all four faces until golden brown. (~ 1 minute each side on medium heat). Repeat with the remaining sticks. Serve with Tomato Ketchup (what else??)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Stale Bread
Have Towel, Will Travel
We give it 8 tentacles up
We give it 8 tentacles up.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.
Octopi my heart.