If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Brazilian neighbor used to make big batches of this and share with me, which I LOVED ... then she moved away and I had to figure it out for myself. I guess it's that whole teach a woman to fish thing :-) This recipe is not fussy about amounts other than rice to liquid ratio so feel free to adjust amounts up or down according to taste - this is the way that I like it! —aargersi
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 cups low salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 1/2 cup salad cut hearts of palm
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup salad olives with pimento - cut in half
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Warm the chicken broth. Saute the garlic and rice in the butter over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until it begins to smell delicious and toasty. Add the broth. Bring it to a boil, add the corn and peas and cover. Set the timer for half the cook time on the rice (usually 10 minutes)
- When the timer beeps, stir the raisins, olives and hearts of palm into the rice. Taste the liquid and adjust the salt if needed. Cover and finish cooking the rice (usually 10 more minutes)
- When the rice is done, stir in the parsley and green onion, and cover for 2-3 more mintes, then serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes