If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The more my boyfriend requests a batch of cookies, the less comfortable I feel having the buttery treats hanging around the apartment - working from home requires a lot of restraint in the snacking department. So this most recent batch is a vegan confection that's packed with antioxidants and heart-healthy oats. A compromise! - alyson mance
Makes 12 cookies
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- heaping 1/2 cups dried goji berries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and ginger into a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars, oil, vanilla and applesauce. Gradually add flour mixture and stir well. Mix in oats, berries and chocolate. Spoon onto greased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookie edges have browned and crisped. (They will still be soft in the middle). Transfer to a baking sheet to cool, and serve warm. Store any leftover cookies in the fridge.
A Comic(al) Way to Cook
A classic cookbook goes illustrated.
Cooking the classics from comics.
Memorial Day made easy.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Kothu paratha: one-upping one-pot meals.
Mortar and pestle perfection.