If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This may be my mom's single best recipe. I used to demand it as a child and now my own children demand it from me. Friends confirm this is a recipe to be shared.
Maybe it's the addition of French salad dressing, but it remains the most uniquely flavored potato salad I have ever known.
This is best with all ingredients chopped rather small to allow the dressing to coat every single item. Sublime. - MaureenOnTheCape
- 4 Large potatoes, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup Minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 1/4 mustard. Mom used ordinary Gulden's. I prefer dijon
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Boil the eggs and set aside to cool. Peel and dice the potatoes and boil until barely fork tender, taking care not to overcook. Drain and allow to cool.
- Combine potatoes, celery, scallions, eggs and parsley
- In a separate bowl, mix the French dressing, salt and pepper. Add to the potato mix, stir gently so as not to mash the potatoes and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice. Add to the potato mix, stirring gently once again. Allow flavors to marry for 30 minutes and serve at room temperature.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.