Author Notes: This may be my mom's single best recipe. I used to demand it as a child and now my own children demand it from me. Friends confirm this is a recipe to be shared.
Maybe it's the addition of French salad dressing, but it remains the most uniquely flavored potato salad I have ever known.
This is best with all ingredients chopped rather small to allow the dressing to coat every single item. Sublime. - MaureenOnTheCape
- 4 Large potatoes, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup Minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 3/4 cups Mayonnaise
- 2 1/4 mustard. Mom used ordinary Gulden's. I prefer dijon
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Boil the eggs and set aside to cool. Peel and dice the potatoes and boil until barely fork tender, taking care not to overcook. Drain and allow to cool.
- Combine potatoes, celery, scallions, eggs and parsley
- In a separate bowl, mix the French dressing, salt and pepper. Add to the potato mix, stir gently so as not to mash the potatoes and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice. Add to the potato mix, stirring gently once again. Allow flavors to marry for 30 minutes and serve at room temperature.