Author Notes: A refreshing twist on a household favorite.
(My husband goes Bonkers when I make French toast).
It can be a bit heavy though so I thought I'd try to freshen it up a bit.
Goes well with tea in the morning.
It's not complicated but it is extremely interchangeable. Have fun with it! - Chef Skabrat
Serves one serving (of 3 slices)
- 3 Whole eggs
- 3 Slices of Bread (Any of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon (Or one cap full) Of Lemon Extract
- 1 dash Salt (or two)
- 2 dashes Cinnamon
- Sifted Powdered Sugar
- Lemon slices for garnish (You can also use candied lemon slices)
- 1 Tab of Butter
- (Optional) A few drops of Vanilla Extract
- Crack all three eggs into a bowl wide enough to fit a slice of bread in. Whisk, then add Lemon extract, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract if you choose.
- Start pre-heating your pan with a fat of your choice (I use Olive Oil). Lay down the first slice and let it soak. Then flip it over and soak some more.
- Cook in Sautee pan. Flip. Plate. Repeat.
- Finish Monte Au Beurre.
- Garnish with sifted powdered sugar and Lemon slices (or candied lemon slices). If anyone would like the recipe for how to candy lemon slices I'd be happy to share!