If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just a classically simple recipe for ham and peas with a simple lemony cream sauce. Light, refreshing, and comforting. - mtlabor
- 1 packet Bowtie Pasta
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 packet pre-diced ham
- 1 packet frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set a pot of water to boil. Drop in pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- While you're waiting for the water and pasta, heat a large saute pan and melt butter. Add flour and stir until beginning to slightly brown. You want to cook out the "flour-y" taste and get it somewhat nutty.
- Add cream and stir until starting to boil and slightly thicken.
- Turn the heat down just a tad, and add in lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a microwave safe bowl, cook the peas for about 1-2 minutes. Just to warm them through. Then add to pan with sauce, along with ham.
- Drain the pasta and add to cream sauce. Mix until everything is well-combined and serve hot! Top with fresh parmesan cheese, if desired!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas
Baking Projects for Mother's Day
10 ways to show and share your love.
Mother's Day Baking Projects
Heavenly DIY lavender sachets.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.