If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a healthier, updated version of my mother's pumpkin bread. The apple cider gives a slight tang and keeps the bread moist, as almost all of the fat is taken out. It is hearty and healthy, perfect for any time of the day. You can make it with pecans, dried cranberries, or my favorite, ghirardelli dark chocolate chips mixed in. —krh2234
Makes 2 loves
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ground ginger
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup grade b maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- handfuls dark chocolate chips, dried cranberries, nuts if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 Spray 2 loaf pans with nonstick spray and lightly flour Mix pumpkin and spices Whisk in water, cider – then maple syrup and sugar– then applesauce – then eggs Stir until smooth In separate bowl whisk dry ingredients togetherFold into pumpkin mixture -- stir just to combine, batter will be lumpy Fold in chips, pecans or cranberries if using Pour into loaf pansBake 60 – 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean Let cool completely for easier removal from pan
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.