If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This New England autumn in muffin form is adapted from a muffin recipe in an old cook book that my mother has, A-Z Muffins. I changed some ingredients around & these came out really fluffy & not too sweet. - we eat. happy.
Makes a dozen
The Wet Ingredients:
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup organic whole milk
- 1/2 cup Maine maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
The Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or white spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large apple, peeled & chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees & line a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk wet ingredients together until combined. In a smaller bowl, sift dry ingredients together until well blended. Gently beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then fold in the apples.
- Fill each paper to the top. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool on a rack for about 5 minutes before you start eating (the apples are like little hot pockets!).