Author Notes: For three years, I’ve lived in Portland, OR.
Why? Because I love the rain. I am blessed to have a lot of energy on a normal basis, so the rain helps to cool me down and regulate my hyper ways. I love the people. I love the coffee shops. I really, really appreciate that there is enough interest in painting the streets for the city to agree to such a thing.
But one thing that Portland is really missing is the crisp feeling of fall.
So now that I am in Minneapolis for the summer and into fall, I am making the most of it. I am filling the kitchen with scents of cinnamon, pumpkin, squash, and and apple.
This granola has apple, honey, cinnamon and cranberries to fulfill the need of every fall over! - Skylor Powell
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (kept separate)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 apple
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- Chop your apple into 5-6 pieces.
- Put them in a blender with juice, honey, cinnamon, 1 tblsp brown rice syrup, and 1 tblsp coconut oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Combine this mixture in a bowl with your oats.
- Stir well.
- Coat a baking pan with the rest of your coconut oil.
- Put your oats in the pan and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and add cranberries, walnuts and apricots.
- Turn the oven down to 250.
- Drizzle the rest of your syrup on your granola and mix well.
- Let warm at 250 for one hour.
- Serve and enjoy!