If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our go to meal in the summer is a Mexican grill. Since there are lots of components to this (we usually do beef, shrimp, grilled corn, and all the fixin's), I like something simple but flavorful. I was doing a pantry challenge one evening, and ended up putting together these ingredients. They fit the bill perfectly. - Treble723
Serves 2 on its own, 4 with other dishes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 orange
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoons cumin, to taste
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- neutral flavored oil
- dash Tequila, optional
- In a medium bowl or zip top bag, combine the orange juice (I start with the juice from half the orange, and then add more if needed), 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, agave syrup, sprinkle of salt, and a drizzle of oil. If you happen to have any Tequila around, you can add just a dash of it as well. Whisk the marinade in the bowl or squish it around in the bag, depending on what you're using, and taste. Adjust flavors as necessary.
- Add the shrimp. Make sure they are all coated, and then allow to marinate for an hour.
- Grill on the barbecue for about two to three minutes per side, or just until pink and firm.
- Serve with your favorite taco ingredients: tortillas, salsa verde, avocado, cabbage, crema or sour cream, cilantro, whatever you like!
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.