Author Notes: Our go to meal in the summer is a Mexican grill. Since there are lots of components to this (we usually do beef, shrimp, grilled corn, and all the fixin's), I like something simple but flavorful. I was doing a pantry challenge one evening, and ended up putting together these ingredients. They fit the bill perfectly. - Treble723
Serves 2 on its own, 4 with other dishes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 orange
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cumin, to taste
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- neutral flavored oil
- dash Tequila, optional
- In a medium bowl or zip top bag, combine the orange juice (I start with the juice from half the orange, and then add more if needed), 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, agave syrup, sprinkle of salt, and a drizzle of oil. If you happen to have any Tequila around, you can add just a dash of it as well. Whisk the marinade in the bowl or squish it around in the bag, depending on what you're using, and taste. Adjust flavors as necessary.
- Add the shrimp. Make sure they are all coated, and then allow to marinate for an hour.
- Grill on the barbecue for about two to three minutes per side, or just until pink and firm.
- Serve with your favorite taco ingredients: tortillas, salsa verde, avocado, cabbage, crema or sour cream, cilantro, whatever you like!