If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a simple & relatively healthy dessert recipe to use up that harvest fruit. It is an amalgam of recipes I made in the past. - we eat. happy.
For the Fruit:
- 3-4 apples, peeled, cored & diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose or white spelt flour
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose or white spelt flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss apples, blueberries & flour in a bowl, then put into a 9" pie plate.
- Put oats, nuts, flour, butter & seasoning into a food processor & blitz until the butter is pea-sized. If you do not have a processor, use your hands to make a crumbly topping...This would be a good one to get the kids involved with!
- Spread the topping evenly over the fruit. Bake for 45 minutes. Let it rest for about 5 minutes & serve. As you know, ice cream, plain Greek yogurt or fresh whipped cream is always a dream for serving.
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.