If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What to do with leftovers, or the "only one left" things you have in the fridge. The acorn squash added a sweetness to the quinoa mixture. You can use less onion if you like, or I think adding just a touch of garlic would also be good. You could probably add just about anything! —Vegegail
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (we used rainbow)
- 1 diced heirloom tomato
- 1/2 cup feta (goat) cheese
- 1 cup red onion
- 6 pieces "bacon" tempeh or eggplant
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil -- split
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach
- Cut your Acorn Squash in half, remove seeds --- brush with melted coconut oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Bake 400 degrees, 20 minutes or until soft
- Prepare quinoa per package directions.
- Prepare bacon. We used the tempeh bacon, but you could use what you prefer. Dice or crumble
- Using 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil, sauté the onions until soft. Add the spinach to wilt.
- Mix quinoa, bacon onion, spinach, feta cheese, tomato in a bowl and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When your acorn squash is tender, fill the center with the quinoa mix and serve. (we topped this with just a little parmesan cheese.