Author Notes: Adapted from the recipe for Grapes with Brown Sugar and Sour Cream in James Beard’s American Cookery and inspired by my dunking a grape directly into the container of sour cream, then into the sugar bowl, and popping it right into my mouth. This is way more classy. - mrslarkin
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 2 cups red or white seedless grapes, chilled
- 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar, or light brown sugar
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks. Careful; don’t make butter. Gently fold into the sour cream. Chill.
- Halve some, or all, of the grapes. Elegantly layer the ingredients into pretty glasses. Alternatively, divvy up the grapes into serving bowls, spoon the cream on top and sprinkle with turbinado.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes