If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Golas are treats of Shaved Ice served on a stick and sold from carts in the streets of India. These day's they seem to have migrated to the Food courts and are served in tiny portions that cost a bomb ostensibly because of the use of UV filtered water! The top selling flavor was always 'kala khatta' (translated as SOur black) because of the concord grapes used in the syrup. the cumin salt that the vendor sprinkled over the shaved ice kicked this treat up many unforgettable notches! This is a Boozified version that I tried out some time back with fresh concord grapes —Panfusine
Cumin Spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon finely crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Toasted and powdered cumin
- Kosher salt as per preference
- Combine the ingredients into a blend
- 15-20 Concord grapes
- 1-2 teaspoons raw cane sugar (adjust to taste)
- 5-10 mint leaves
- 4 ounces Lemon flavored vodka (Fluid Oz)
- 2 ounces Midori (Fluid Oz)
- 2 ounces Domaine de Canton Ginger liqueur (Fl Oz)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime plus 1/2 teaspoon of the zest
- 1 cup Sparkling water
- Cumin spice blend to taste
- Ice as required
- Combine the grapes, sugar, mint, lime juice, zest and the spice blend to taste in a cocktail shaker and muddle until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the vodka and the liqueurs along with the ice and give the mix a good shake.
- Strain into glasses, top up with the seltzer & serve chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.