If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is simple to make and at the same time an elegant recipe to wow your friends and family. I was inspired to make this dish after eating at NYC Kin Shop. I literally dream about these flavors! - Emily Weinberger
For the Duck Breast
- 2 boneless, skinless duck breasts
- pinches Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Red Curry Dipping Sauce and Apples
- 2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 16 ounces Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rice wine Vinegar
- 1 Apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Apples: 1. Place all the ingredients for the apples into a bowl and let marinate for 20-30 minutes. Duck: 1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Pour 2 tbs of olive in a cold, large sauté pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the skin side of the duck. Place the duck, skin side down, in the cold pan. Turn heat to medium and slowly cook the duck until the skin is golden and crispy. About 10 minutes. Flip the duck over and quickly sear for about 2 minutes. 2. Place the pan in the oven and cook the duck for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the duck rest for 5 minutes before slicing into ½ thick pieces. Sprinkle salt over the duck and serve. Sauce: 1. Combine all the ingredient for the sauce in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil then let it simmer for about 10 minutes. 2. Serve the duck with the sauce and roti (optional) on the side. Cut off about ¼ cup of fresh herbs. Tear a piece of the roti off and wrap the duck, apples and herbs in the roti. Dip into sauce and be blown away!
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
When Broccoli Rabe Stops Getting Polite & Starts Getting Real
Embrace the bitterness.
How to Hard Cook Lots of Eggs at Once
Use the oven, you egghead.
Style with a breeze.