If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first experimented with this recipe when my husband invited a friend for dinner at the last minute and the ingredients that screamed at me when I opened the refrigerator door were grapes and yogurt. It takes only a few minutes to make and it baked in the oven while we were eating the main course. - Gourmetphd
Food52 Review: WHO: This is Gourmetphd's first recipe on Food52!
WHAT: An easy olive oil cake enriched with almond meal and topped with grape halves.
HOW: This is a one-bowl affair, quickly thrown in the oven and even more quickly devoured.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Thin, fast-baking, and elegant, this is the perfect dessert for last-minute company. - A&M
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (nonfat is fine)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups ground almonds (also called almond meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes (cut in half lengthwise)
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk by hand the yogurt, olive oil, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice until well blended (this could also be done in a blender or stand in mixer).
- Add the sugar, flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Spray individual tart molds with olive oil. Divide the batter equally between the tart molds. Press the grape halves decoratively into the batter, cut-side down.
- Bake for 15 mns or until a tester comes out clean. Let cool before eating or not. Could be served with some Greek yogurt with honey on the side.
- Your Best Grapes Contest Winner!