If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm from Houston, Texas, and every year when the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo comes around, I indulge in a fried turkey leg. Since I only get that chance once a year, I decided to make my own version because I was missing it. I didn't want to fry it since I'm doing my best to get healthy, but I did bake it, and it came out just as crispy, and a little more gorgeous.
I decided to change up the flavors too, and use two of my favorites: Ancho Chile & Lemon! - Mila Clarke
Makes 4 turkey legs
- 4 Turkey Legs
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees - by the time you're done, your oven will be ready for these perfect turkey legs!
- First, rinse off your turkey legs in cold water to get them clean, and ready for your spices. You want to make sure you get rid of any loose particles, and that you start with a really clean turkey leg.
- Next. you're going to want to towel dry each turkey leg. This will ensure that you get the crispy skin, and juicy inside on each leg!
- Take your lemon juice, and lightly brush each turkey leg with the juice you have, and follow that with brushing on the olive oil. You want each turkey leg to be damp enough to absorb the spices, but dry enough to be able to get the super crispy skin we're after during the baking process.
- Mix together your salt, pepper, ancho chile powder, and cumin in a separate bowl. This will act as a rub for your turkey legs.
- Generously rub each turkey leg with the mixture. Seriously, BE GENEROUS!
- Arrange each turkey leg evenly on a baking sheet lined with foil. Pop them in the oven for 2 hours.
- After two hours, take the turkey legs out, and cover them with foil. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees, and let them bake, while covered, for one more hour.
- Take them out of the oven, and serve them immediately- the hotter, the better! These will be gone before you know it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Turkey
Write a #HappyList
These are a few of our favorite things.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.