If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every year I get a lot of "what to do with leftover turkey" requests. Frankly leftover turkey was never much of an issue in my family (we just ate the meal, had a sandwich and maybe made soup and that was it) but since I've had this blog, I've been making Thanksgiving-like meals way in advance so I can post new holiday recipes leading up the event and come up with creative leftover ideas.
While checking out the competition, I've found most turkey leftover recipes are either a. some sort of creamy casserole, b. Mexican food or c. chili. All of which are well and good but I was thinking of something a little lighter. The last thing I want after a day of heavy food is more stick to the ribs fare. So I came up with this Pad Thai-inspired salad. It is substantial enough to serve as a meal but much lighter and healthier tasting than what you probably had on Thanksgiving. —coconutlime
- 2 cups shredded, cooked turkey
- 1/2 pound steamed, peeled shrimp
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 Thai chiles, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut up
- crushed peanuts to garnish
- diced green onions to garnish
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 Thai green chiles, thinly sliced
- juice 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon tamarind juice
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Set aside. .
- In a skillet, heat the oil then saute the chiles, and garlic with shrimp and turkey for 1 minute.
- Toss with dressing, salad ingredients and noodles. Sprinkle with peanuts and diced onions. Serve with lime wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Turkey Leftovers
A Quesadilla, Case Closed
An easy, summer dinner
A quesadilla, case closed.
Spike your granita with campari.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.