If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love vanilla. It is one of those flavors I could not live without. It is also a flavor I must buy organic in my little imaginary set of food rules. Im fairly certain artificial vanilla is made of wood chips. Not too appetizing. I actually hate when people acuse vanilla of being bland. It is very bold! And not to everyone's liking which basically means it is NOT bland.
This snack/drink is great after a workout or just for the hell of it. There is no dairy in it but you won't miss it. - DUZE @BakingBackwards
Serves me and a sip for my husband
Basic Vanilla Shake
- 1 peeled frozen banana (or more if you like your shake thick)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract OR the seeds of one vanilla pod
- 1 pinch organic cinnamon
- 1/2 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup vanilla rice milk (I use Natura)
Optional Add Ins (add one of these ingredients to change up your shake)
- 2 teaspoons organic cocoa powder (100%), I recommend adding a touch of maple syrup if you like sweetness as the cocoa is bitter)
- 1/2 cup frozen black raspberries or wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon organic peanut butter
- 1 handful fresh mint and 1 tsp cocoa and 2 squares good chocolate
- Blend the ingredients of Part 1 in a high speed blender. Enjoy in a tall glass.
- If using any of the optional add-ins, blend your add-in of choice in a high speed blender with part 1's ingredients. If using the frozen fruit, I suggest adding the berries after blending the rest of the ingredients and just pulsing them in to marble the drink. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla