Author Notes: I've had this cookie recipe for years and it is just recently that I decided to modify it a little bit and turn it into sandwich cookies. The inspiration came from one of my favorite cookies - the Alfajores (Argentinian Cookies). - Maya Moscovich
Makes about 20-25 sandwich cookies
- 7.75 ounces Unsalted Butter – Room temperature or melted (220gr )
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour (240gr)
- 1 cup Corn Starch (100gr)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Can Carmel Crème (Dolche De Leche) – for filling
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C)
- In a mixer bowl, place all ingredients (except for the Caramel Crème) and mix until combined into soft dough. If you are using melted butter, place dough in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes before using.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop dough and form into small balls (3/4-1 inch). Flatten balls until they are about 1/2cm (1/4 inch) thick and place on baking paper layered baking pan.
- Place in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden. Set cookies aside to cool – do not touch them before they cool off.
- Divide cookies into groups of 2 and spread some caramel crème on one cookie and cover with the other while gently twisting the upper cookie.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla