Author Notes: I really enjoy the combination of sweet and savory, this is how I came up with this ultimate-day-after-Thanksgiving-sandwich! The frisee gives a nice crunch to the sandwich and a dose of fresh greens for a lighter, recovery meal for the day after a thorough gorging. If you cant find montasio cheese, try gruyere or sliced parmesan. - Mariya
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 2 slices granola multi grain bread
- 1/2 cup dark turkey meat-in pieces
- 5 slices montasio cheese-enough to cover one piece of bread
- 3 ounces frisee
- fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Spread cranberry sauce on one side of each bread slice.
- Place turkey, montasio, and frisee on one of the bread slices and top with freshly ground black pepper. Place the second piece of bread on top.
- Spray a panini maker with cooking spray and (once hot) place the sandwich in. This can also be done on the stove top, in a pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Turkey Leftovers