If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I really enjoy the combination of sweet and savory, this is how I came up with this ultimate-day-after-Thanksgiving-sandwich! The frisee gives a nice crunch to the sandwich and a dose of fresh greens for a lighter, recovery meal for the day after a thorough gorging. If you cant find montasio cheese, try gruyere or sliced parmesan. - Mariya
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 2 slices granola multi grain bread
- 1/2 cup dark turkey meat-in pieces
- 5 slices montasio cheese-enough to cover one piece of bread
- 3 ounces frisee
- fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Spread cranberry sauce on one side of each bread slice.
- Place turkey, montasio, and frisee on one of the bread slices and top with freshly ground black pepper. Place the second piece of bread on top.
- Spray a panini maker with cooking spray and (once hot) place the sandwich in. This can also be done on the stove top, in a pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Turkey Leftovers