If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A piece of sourdough bread toasted, smeared with cream cheese and topped with this vanilla peach butter is a wonderfully delicious start to your morning. - REMCooks
Makes 6 cups
- 6 pounds ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and quartered
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 whole vanilla bean, halved and scraped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp, honey
- In a large stainless steel pot, combine peach quarters and water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring occasionally until the peaches are soft (approx. 15 minutes).
- Working in two separate batches, transfer peach mixture to a food processor or blender and puree just until a smooth texture is achieved — do not liquefy. This should yield 6 – 8 cups of peach puree.
- Return the puree to the pot and stir in lemon juice, sugar, honey, salt, vanilla bean scrapings, and scraped vanilla pods. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring frequently to prevent sticking and burning until the mixture thickens and will hold its shape on a spoon, roughly 20 minutes.
- When thickened, remove vanilla pods, then ladle the hot butter into jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rim, and tighten lids. Completely submerge jars in water bath filled with warm water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove jars, cool and store. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla