If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My house specialty drink, developed over several months of Friday night parties for my girlfriends who like their adult beverages tart, sweet and creamy. Homemade vanilla vodka is the kicker in this indulgent drink. —Cindy Karnitz
Makes 1 drink
Homemade Vanilla Vodka
- 1 liter High Quality Vodka
- 12 pieces Madagascar Vanilla Beans
Key Lime Pie Martini
- 1 shot Homemade Vanilla Vodka
- 1 shot Vanilla Cream Liquor (Santa Clara Rompope)
- 1 shot Key Lime Juice (fresh squeezed or bottled)
- 1 shot Milk (whole or 2%)
- 1 packet Stevia Sweetner
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Slit the vanilla beans lengthwise. Place the slit vanilla beans in the bottle of vodka. Reseal. Store in a cool dark place for one month prior to pouring. Note: I mark the bottom of the bottle with the date made.
- In a cocktail shaker, place the crushed ice. Add the remaining ingredients. Shake vigorously for 60 seconds. Strain into a martini or large wine glass. Serve immediately. *Optional: sugar the rim of the glass with a rub of lime juice - from a cut wedge of lime - and a dip into confectioner's sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.