Author Notes: I love simple recipes and simple desserts are better. This recipe can be easily adapted to make any flavor you like. - Holly Zajac
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin about 2.5 tsp
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, and. Bring the mixture just to a simmer over moderate heat. Remove from the heat and cover.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the water and let stand until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover the cream mixture and bring just to a simmer over moderately high heat. Remove from heat, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into eight 4-ounce ramekins and let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the panna cotta is set but still jiggly, at least 3 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla