If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These irresistible truffles showcase the unbeatable flavor combination of Earl Grey tea, vanilla, and orange in two delightful forms.
The classic dark chocolate truffle is elevated to new heights by the subtle notes of vanilla, Earl Grey, and orange. With flavors reminiscent of a classy chocolate orange, these truffles won't last long!
The white chocolate variation of the truffle allows the vanilla, Earl Grey, and orange flavors to shine. - kangarhubarb
- 8 ounces good quality dark chocolate (or white for variation)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- Zest of half an orange
- Seeds from one vanilla bean
- Cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or preferred coating to roll truffles (optional)
- Heat cream with Earl Grey tea bag and orange zest until just before it simmers. Strain the tea bag, zest the orange, and add seeds scraped from vanilla bean.
- While cream is heating, roughly chop chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour hot infused cream with vanilla over chocolate and allow to sit for 1-3 minutes.
- Stir chocolate and cream together until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Set up a double boiler to make melting easier.
- Cover and refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Place cocoa powder (or other desired coating) in a small bowl.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop 1-inch balls of ganache and roll between palms until smooth. Roll in cocoa powder to coat.
- Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!