Author Notes: This is a wonderful healthy muffin that is easy to prepare and quite tasty. It is delicious with fruit spreads (apple butter, cherry butter, apricot, etc.)
- 2 cups Bran
- 1 cup organic white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Wet ingredients + nuts & raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup milk (whole or lowfat)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and nuts and raisins to dry ingredients and mix gently until all the ingredients are incorporated. Do not overmix!
- Spoon into oiled or buttered 12 muffin tin (or 2, 6 muffin tins), or line the tins with paper muffin cups.
- Bake in the middle rack of a preheated 425 degree oven for 17-20 minutes. Then let cool before removing from tin/s.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Muffin