If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a wonderful healthy muffin that is easy to prepare and quite tasty. It is delicious with fruit spreads (apple butter, cherry butter, apricot, etc.)
- 2 cups Bran
- 1 cup organic white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Wet ingredients + nuts & raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole or lowfat)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and nuts and raisins to dry ingredients and mix gently until all the ingredients are incorporated. Do not overmix!
- Spoon into oiled or buttered 12 muffin tin (or 2, 6 muffin tins), or line the tins with paper muffin cups.
- Bake in the middle rack of a preheated 425 degree oven for 17-20 minutes. Then let cool before removing from tin/s.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Muffin
Take a Trip with Tropical Drinks
Cocktails to make you feel like you're on vacation
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Grilled cheese, please.
It's time to travel.
Put cake on a pedestal.