If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I started making this a few years ago. I get the nuts at a bulk store or middle east grocery to save some money. Toasting the nuts really adds to the flavor. Use whatever you have on hand and experiment. —reahpeah
Makes 2-3 cups
- 2-3 cups Unsalted nuts. I like peanuts, almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds
- 2-3+ tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt or to taste
- Spread whatever nuts you have on hand onto a cooke sheet. Best to use whole nuts if possible. Toast in oven at 400 degrees until toasty brown. Watch carefully, they will quickly burn. Let cool a few minutes
- Place nuts (and seeds) into a food processor with some salt (add 1/2 and adjust to taste). Pulse the nuts util coarsely chopped. If you want crunchy nut butter set 1/4 cup aside for later
- Slowly add a stream of oil, until desired texture is reached. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Pour into container and mix in chopped nuts (if you set them aside). Very tasty with apple slices.
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes