Author Notes: I started making this a few years ago. I get the nuts at a bulk store or middle east grocery to save some money. Toasting the nuts really adds to the flavor. Use whatever you have on hand and experiment. - reahpeah
Makes 2-3 cups
- 2-3 cups Unsalted nuts. I like peanuts, almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds
- 2-3+ tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt or to taste
- Spread whatever nuts you have on hand onto a cooke sheet. Best to use whole nuts if possible. Toast in oven at 400 degrees until toasty brown. Watch carefully, they will quickly burn. Let cool a few minutes
- Place nuts (and seeds) into a food processor with some salt (add 1/2 and adjust to taste). Pulse the nuts util coarsely chopped. If you want crunchy nut butter set 1/4 cup aside for later
- Slowly add a stream of oil, until desired texture is reached. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Pour into container and mix in chopped nuts (if you set them aside). Very tasty with apple slices.