If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Two desserts in one a lighter cheesecake with all the flavors of an apple pie —May I have that recipe
- 2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 10-12 crackers)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (crust )
- 2 tablespoons tbsp milk (crust )
- 2 medium apples, cored, peeled and diced (crust )
- 2 tablespoons tbsp brown sugar (crust )
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ( crust )
- 2 8oz packages of Neufchatel cream cheese (1/3 less fat), softened
- 2 containers apple cinnamon fat free greek yogurt (we use Chobani)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar ( crumble topping)
- 3 tablespoons flour (crumble topping)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter (crumble topping)
- To prepare the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and milk in food processor. Pulse a few times until well combined
- Press into a 10-inch spring form mold to make an even layer and so it slightly comes up the sides. Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a small pan, cook apples, sugar and cinnamon at medium heat until tender. Set aside to cool
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add yogurt and vanilla extract and pulse a few times
- Add eggs, one at a time, making sure they’re well incorporated
- Pour into a bowl and fold in cooked apples.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust and bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes
- In the meantime, prepare crumble topping. Combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Mix in butter using a fork or your fingers
- Remove cheesecake from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400F. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly on the cheesecake and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes
- Let cool completely (for at least 4 hours) and refrigerate overnight