Author Notes: This is Not Your Mama's Turkey Salad. Yes, it does include turkey cracklings. I needed a crunch and celery just wasn't going to cut it. So why not pecans and fried turkey cracklings? - Creole Contessa
- 3 cups Smoked Holiday Turkey Diced
- 1 cup Turkey Skin or as much as you have left.
- 1/2 cup diced pecans
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices of country bread
- 8 slices of tomato
- 8 slices fresh romaine lettuce
- In a large bowl mix shredded turkey with pecans, mayonnaise, onions, creole seasoning, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and set aside.
- Fry turkey skin in hot oil until crisp.
- Drain turkey skin then diced into small pieces.
- Add fried turkey skin to turkey mixture, stir and serve.