If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’m thankful for so many things.
Every morning when I wake up, I am thankful for my bright, comfortable, spacious home. I am thankful for the two goofy pups that bring me so much joy. I’m thankful for employment, health and the best family and friends that a person could ask for. And I’m thankful for a God Who listens to me grumble and groan about what I DON’T have and loves me anyway.
I am so blessed.
And I’m thankful for a holiday that reminds me to remember that.
Speaking of Thanksgiving, does anybody have any leftover turkey? How about cranberries or brussels sprouts? I think I can help you out there…
- Sherry K-Jazzy Gourmet
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 cups red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups brussels sprout halves, cooked and seasoned with salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- dough for a 12" pizza
- 2 cups bite-sized cooked turkey slices
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a a paper towel. Add onion to skillet and cook for a few minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Stir in vinegar, honey and cranberries. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is reduced and slightly thick and syrup-y, about 15-20 minutes. Add brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat a baking stone at 450? in the oven and dust with 2 teaspoons cornmeal. Dust a pizza peel with 2 tablespoons cornmeal. Shape pizza dough to form crust and place on pizza peel. Add turkey and the cranberry mixture. Top with feta cheese, walnuts and bacon. Bake at 450? for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and toppings are caramelized. Cut into slices and serve.