Author Notes: Jello for Adults - Food Fashion and Fun
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin (or 1/2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Mango Nectar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can lychees (liquid reserved)
- Combine lychee liquid with mango nectar. This should equal 2 cups.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup juice; let soften 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat sugar with another 1/4 cup juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in softened gelatin until dissolved, then stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups juice.
- Place lychees in a 4-by-8-inch (6-cup-capacity) loaf pan; pour gelatin mixture over, pressing lychees gently to submerge completely.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
- To remove from pan, run hotwater over base of pan for about 5 seconds. Invert onto a serving platter, and shake firmly to release. Slice to serve.
- For more information and additional recipes go to foodfashionandfun.com