Author Notes: Pure comfort food. Slow braised chicken thighs are seasoned with pomegranate molasses and chilies. Slightly tangy and spicy with each bite. - ChezUs
- 2 slices bacon, small dice
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1/2 fresno chili, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- parsley, to garnish
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
- 8 chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 300. Lightly pat the chicken pieces dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, slightly cook the bacon until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic and chili. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the dutch oven and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the same pan. Brown the chicken thighs; about 3 – 5 minutes per side. Add the onion mixture to the browned chicken.
- Pour the stock and molasses over the top of the chicken. Lightly stir. Cover with the lid. Slide into the oven.
- After 1 hour of cooking, lightly stir and add a little stock, if needed.
- Cook for another 1 hour
- Remove from the oven. The meat will be very tender.
- Lightly stir in the pomegranate seeds and garnish with parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates