Author Notes: I made this the other day when I didn't have much time but wanted something delicious and healthy. It can really be made with any type of pasta and any leafy vegetable. The lentils add the protein for a complete one dish meal. I loaded up with more kale and lentils than pasta, but you could make it with any proportions you want. - bexwithanx6
- 1/2 bag Whole Wheat Spagetti
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 bunch Kale (torn)
- 1 cup Dried Lentils
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Cook lentils according to instructions.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes until it softens.
- Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Combine pasta, lentils and kale with any extra oil. Add a few more tablespoons of olive oil if the dish is a bit dry.
- Finish with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and the parmesan cheese.