If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These wings are finger lickin' good! If you don't have access to huckleberries, you can substitute with blueberries instead. You are going to want to make these! - TheGirlyGirlCooks
- 2 pounds chicken wings, split at the joints and tips removed
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh Huckleberries (or Blueberries)
- 1/4 cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Roasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/8 cup sliced Green Onion
- Position the lower oven rack on the bottom third of the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees (F).
- Pat the wings dry and sprinkle them with Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste. Spread the wings out evenly in a 9x13 baking dish and bake the wings, flipping them over halfway through, for 40 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, combine in a food processor or blender the huckleberries, low-sodium soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, light brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, roasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and ground ginger. Blend until sauce is smooth. Transfer the huckleberry sauce to a small saucepan and simmer on low until slightly reduced.
- Once the wings are done baking, remove the wings from the baking dish and place them in the large bowl with the huckleberry sauce. Toss the wings until fully coated with the sauce and then return the wings to the baking dish to continue baking for 3-5 minutes until glazed.
- Plate the wings and garnish them with sesame seeds and green onion.
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.