If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to originally do a sticky bun recipe, with orange and pomegranate glaze, but I just came across this contest with an hour and a half left. So I found a standard eggnog cookie recipe and tweaked it with the molasses. I hope you enjoy. - desertchef
- 5 cups APF
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking pwder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 farm fresh eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup molasses syrup
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For the cookies. Pre heat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment. in medium bowl whisk sugar, salt, baking powder and nutmeg. set aside. In a bowl of a stand mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffly. Add egg, combine and scrape bowl. add vanilla, beat to combine, scrape bowl. Alternatively add flour and eggnog, beginning and ending with flour until just combined. scrape bowl as needed. Drop tablespoons of dough onto lined cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart. bake for 9 - 12 minutes until edges are golden brown. let cool 1 minute before transferring to cooling rack.
- To make glaze. combine molasses, confectioners sugar, butter, eggnog and a pinch of salt. add more eggnog or sugar to adjust to desired consistency. Spoon glazed over just slightly warm cookies on wire rack until glaze hardens a bit.
- For the Pomegranate Molasses. Place pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon juice in sauce pan on medium heat stirring frequently until sugar dissolves. turn down to medium low heat and let mixture reduce until 1/2 cup. about 45 min. set aside let cool before using. whole
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates