If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe started as an attempt to replicate at home the breakfast potatoes served at the Brother Juniper's restaurant in Memphis, but it took off in a direction of its own. Anything I cooked for the crowd I was running with then had to satisfy carnivores, vegans, kosher- and halal-keepers, plus the lactose- and gluten-intolerant and this one passed all around with flying colors. —BadExampleMan
Serves 4 but scales up as needed
- 4 medium-largish potato
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked or hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Chop the potatoes into 1/2-inch chunks, and finely dice the onion.
- Put the potatoes and onion into a large cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle on the salt and spices, and drizzle the olive oil. Mix with your hands until well-coated (the potatoes, not your hands, although the latter is inevitable).
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes. At the halfway point, stir the mixture with a spatula so it browns evenly.
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.