If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this salad for a barbeque a few years back. I was living in the middle east at the time and was inspired by the local flavors. It was the crowd favorite at that party and every party I've made it for since then. This recipe never fails, and is insanely easy to prepare. - lisina
Serves 4 as a side
- 1 cup black lentils (if you cannot find black, use french)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 portobello mushrooms, gills removed, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 pint fat free greek yogurt
- in a medium sauce pan, cover lentils with 5 cups of water and a pinch of salt. bring to boil then reduce to simmer. simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes, and drain.
- heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. add the onion and a pinch of salt, letting the onion saute until golden. add the mushroom, another pinch of salt, and more olive oil if needed. cook until the mushrooms have released all their moisture and have caramelized.
- in a large bowl, add the onions and mushrooms to the lentils, add the mint and mix. taste for seasoning. fold in the pomegranate seeds, drizzle with the pomegranate molasses and top with yogurt. serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.