If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can't go wrong with maple, walnuts, and spices. These are always appreciated as a homemade holiday or hostess gift. Great as a snack or garnish on salads. I used to make sugared walnuts or pecans with a candy thermometer and seemingly endless stirring - what a chore. This recipe is so quick and easy, I find any excuse to make them. In fact, I just made a 2 batches - one with chipotle, and the other with clove, cinnamon and cardamom for a festive snack. I add the salt to give a buttery taste, without the fat and calories. You can omit the salt, but to me it tastes overly sweet. This is a super easy recipe and very forgiving. Enjoy!
I modified the nut recipe from this delicious salad recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/beet-salad-with-goat-cheese - Pegan
Makes 2 cups of sugared nuts
- 2 cups walnuts, or pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
- In a large skillet, roast nuts on medium heat until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add maple syrup, salt and optional spices, and stir to coat the nuts.
- Keep stirring until syrup is absorbed by the nuts, about 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and stir about 2 more minutes until the nuts crystalize slightly and the nuts separate.
- Cool nuts on waxed paper.
- Variations are endless including cinnamon, clove, cardamom, etc.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.